I'm ready to go!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Hi everyone! I have entered the Quark Expeditions Blog Your Way to Antarctica competition. Here is my entry:

You may not know it yet, but I am the person you need to send to Antarctica. In fact, I am so confident that you will choose me that I have already submitted my passport application and am knitting myself a scarf!

I am quite simply the best, most fun choice to be the Official Quark Expeditions Blogger. Through my blog I will show you the excitement and joy of someone who has never left North America when she gets her first look at a new world. You will see Antarctica through the eyes of someone whose previous international travels consisted of only 4 days in Canada.

Like many people, I’ve wanted to travel the world since I was a child but have never had the means. I have, however, travelled vicariously through my job (printing other people’s vacation pictures), through my postcard collection (no friend ever went on vacation without me asking for a postcard), and through my travel companion, Moose (when my friends go to cool places they take Moose). Moose even has a Facebook -http://www.facebook.com/MooseSnyder - which shows all the exciting places he has travelled to. I can’t wait to add pictures of myself with him on his return trip to the bottom of the Earth. (He went without me last time!) Now it’s my turn!

I’ve journalled on the internet since 2002, blogging about all aspects of my life. I have active accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr. As an established amateur photographer, I use these sites to share my experiences, as well as to keep up with my international friends.

For me, this truly will be the trip of a lifetime, and through the internet I will share it with you all and the world.

0 comments: