Oh hey, I've got a blog over here!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My poor neglected travel blog. I haven't posted anything here since the end of October. I shall blame the holidays. Yeah, that's it! (Can I blame the holiday season if it's been 4 months since posting?)


Well, I haven't traveled anywhere yet, and I haven't really entered any contests.
I'm still obsessed with Antarctica though! On Twitter, I have been following Andrew Evans. His Twitter ID is Bus2Antarctica and here is his bio: Andrew Evans is traveling 10,000 miles, from DC to Antarctica, by bus for National Geographic Traveler.


Awesome, huh? He's been Tweeting stuff from the trip, and uploading pictures from Twitter. This trip is his first time in Antarctica.


I've been loving following his adventure, but the pictures he put up today just blew me away. It's a BLACK penguin! The following picture is by Andrew Evans.




And you can read the National Geographic Traveler story about iHERE


*edit*
Andrew took the  pictures down from his ow.ly account. I hope they appear again some day!
*/edit*



Isn't that just the most amazing thing? And to see it your very first time to Antarctica. 





Also, the dude who won the Quark Expeditions contest is now on his trip and the blog posts are being uploaded. I'm gonna read them later today, and probably link to or cross post them for y'all to see too. Lucky SOB.

0 comments: