Time to try this again!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010




Quark Expeditions is sponsoring another contest to win an all expenses paid trip to Antarctica. 

The details:
Turn Your Love of Wildlife and the Environment into a $45,000 Trip of a Lifetime.

Share your passion for the environment in 300 words or less and you and a guest could Travel with Julie Scardina on a Snow Island Hill Safari to see Emperor Penguins in Antarctica!

Join Julie on one of the final sailings of the legendary icebreaker, Kapitan Khlebnikov. As Animal Ambassador for SeaWorld and Busch Gardens, she will share fascinating behind-the-scene stories of animal training and conservation.

Tell the world why you should Adventure with Julie and encourage people to vote for you. On August 31, 2010, if your entry has received the most votes, you could win! This October 2010 voyage is already sold out, so winning is the only way you can get onboard.

Turn your love of conservation into the trip of a lifetime!

So of course I entered! I got 258 votes last time. This time I plan to exceed that. The judges will choose the winner out of the top 5 vote getters. I've got 2 1/2 months to do this. 

My entry:
I'm passionate about Antarctica & want to share it with you
In high school I was convinced I would have a career working with animals. I attended an animal behavior summer school at the Minnesota Zoo, and earned a trip to the International Science Fair based on my study from that summer. I even attended college majoring in Zoology. But, life got in the way, as it tends to do. Because of various struggles in my life I ended up dropping out of college, never to realize my dream of working with animals. 
I’ve also wanted to travel the world since I was a child, with camera in hand documenting nature. I feel that one of the best ways to get people passionate about saving the environment is to show them what is out there, and the beauty of it all. Unfortunately, I have never yet left North America although I did just get myself my first passport and it needs some stamps in it. I don’t know how yet, but I WILL travel internationally sometime in the next ten years. Wouldn’t it be great if that first trip was to Antarctica? 
If you vote to send me to Antarctica, I’ll be sharing my adventure with you online. I’m a passionate amateur photographer, focusing mainly on nature, wildlife and zoo photography. I’ve had a journal on the internet since 2002, blogging about all aspects of my life. I have active accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. Through these, you will be able to read about the trip as it happens.  I already have a blog for my Antarctic obsession, and I’d love to use it to show the world Antarctica’s wildlife and untamed beauty! 

http://frozensharon.blogspot.com/

To vote for me, click here:

0 comments: